Mummy hot dogs are a family friendly meal & treat combination! Make these adorable little mummy pigs in a blanket with your kids and get some spooky fun for the holiday. They’re simple to make, low cost, and everyone loves them. You can use any type of creseant or pretzel dough you like – I prefer the yeast-based versions because they have more flavor than their quick rise counterparts; plus they freeze well so that we can enjoy them year round as an easy snack food. Best of all – this is such an easy recipe that even young children will be able to help prepare it.
Mummy hot dogs Recipe
– crescent roll dough (tube of pre-made or Crescent Roll Dough)
– hot dogs
Directions for mummy pigs in a blanket:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Unroll crescents and separate into triangles.
Wrap one triangle around each end of a frankfurter and pinch seams together tightly.
Place on baking sheet about two inches apart; bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with ketchup or mustard if desired.
For younger children use Pillsbury canned biscuits instead ofrescent rolls for extra safety — crescent rolls can be a choking hazard.
Note: If you are using crescents, make sure to check the package for cooking instructions — some brands require pre-baking before wrapping in dough and baking again with hot dogs.
- Pillsbury crescent rolls
- Hot dogs
- Optional: candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll crescents and separate into triangles.
- Wrap one triangle around each end of a frankfurter and pinch seams together tightly.
- Place on baking sheet about two inches apart; bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup or mustard if desired.
- For younger children use Pillsbury canned biscuits instead ofrescent rolls for extra safety -- crescent rolls can be a choking hazard.
If you don’t have candy eyes handy you can draw eyes on by adding a a couple of dots of ketchup or mustard to the mummy dogs where the eyes would go.
All these mummy hot dogs need is a good side dish to go with them. To complete the Halloween experience, serve one of these recipes that will make everyone happy!
– Witches’ Brew
– “Spooky” Slow Cooker Chili
– Spicy Monster Eye Dip